Every hour a precious life is lost
And no one knows why,
Some say it is due to study pressure,
Or maybe because the child didn’t give it a try
Many say they do not feel loved,
Some others think they’re not wanted,
Life is lost as a result
And survivors are left with memories, haunted.
That tunnel filled with darkness never ends,
Neither does the cycle of pressure,
Youth is the time to learn from experiences
And create moments and memories
To be treasured.
Being truly content in life is not
About being perfect in everything,
It’s about knowing and understanding oneself,
Building the ability to navigate through ups and downs,
While understanding the purpose of living LIFE.
According to World Health Organization, every year almost one million people die from suicide and 20 times more people attempt suicide. The rates of suicide have greatly increased among youth and youth are now the group at highest-risk in one-third of the developed and developing countries (Source: Suicide: An Indian perspective, Indian Journal of Psychiatry).
Suicide causes immeasurable pain, suffering and loss to individuals, families and communities worldwide. But suicide is preventable, so it’s important to know what to do
Warning Signs of Suicide
If someone you know is showing one or more of the following behaviors, he or she may be thinking about suicide. Don’t ignore these warning signs. Get help immediately.
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings